Sunday, October 14, 2012

Day Off Declutterathon

Today is my day off.  I feel like I haven't had one in a while even when I have the day off there is always something to do.  Like today for instance... with all the running around I've been doing I haven't had the chance to give the house a good cleaning.  Yes I've been able to do all the dishes laundry etc... the things you need to keep going, but the vacuuming, dog poo clean up (sorry neighbors) dusting, sorting through the junk mail (yes I know I should do it every time it comes in)  all the other things necessary to make your home comfy gets pushed to the side.

There goes my day off as I wade through the massive piles of "extra" chores that have to be done.

Well I've come up with a plan to help manage the chores that get left behind.  I'm bring back the chore jar only this time it will be populated with all the mini chores that add up to my lost day off.  Today as I"m going around the house I will write down each little chore to add to the chore jar.  I plan on breaking up any big chore into little chores ...trying for 5 to 10 minutes each chore.  Then during the week between running to work, dog walks, and children after school activities, when I have those little moments that aren't  long enough to tackle big jobs the kids and I will grab a little chore and get it done.

So hopefully I can get my days off back and do more
interesting things on the weekend.




Best Easy Day Hikes Long Island


We got this book when we moved to Long Island and haven't done a single one.


I would really like to do some of them before we leave next year. So getting the house clean before my days off is necessary to free up the time to get hiking.  Hopefully I'll be able to share some beautiful pictures with you all next week.

How about you my readers?  How do you find extra time in your schedule to get the things done that you need to do?

No comments:

Google