Monday, October 24, 2011

Pumpkin Seeds

Ok as promised how to cook up those tasty pumpkin seeds. The first thing I do is soak them for about 10 minutes. I find it easier to remove all the strings and goop if they soak for a little bit. Then rinse a couple times till the water is no longer orange. Preheat oven to 350


Next use paper towels ,or ( I use my kitchen microfiber clothes ) and dry them off.


Place in a bowl and spray with cooking spray and salt if desired.

Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Set timer for 10 min then stir them around and set it for another 10 min. Cook until browned. If you want to use other seasoning besides salt add them on the last 10 minutes I find they tend to burn it left in longer.


Then should have a lovely brown color and sound dry when you stir them up.


Let them cool and enjoy! I find they keep well in the freezer and you can take them out and eat them with no need to thaw. It helps keep the moisture out and the crunchy in.

No comments:

Google