Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pumpkin Picking Recycling and Elmo

We went to the opening day of Fink's Farm Fall Festival for some good ol fashion farm fun. It's a pretty good place to spend the day though most things are geared around the younger children. My kids still had a good time on the hay ride and the corn maze and of course picking the perfect pumpkin. Though my son got stung on the cheek by a wasp, he still would go back any day.

My Daughter picked this 31 pound monstrosity that I think will have to use as a jack - o - lantern instead of for baking it is just too big to fit into my oven.


The second largest was my sons at 19 pounds, large but will still fit in the oven for pies, cakes, breads, cookies, and pumpkin soup .... YUM!


I thought this was some very clever recycling in action this old gas tank became a piggy and and this old oil tank and milk can became a clever cow.
My kids have out grown Elmo but Elmo hasn't out grown them as he traps them in the corn t-pee trying to get a hug. It was a lot of fun watching Elmo play with the little ones some were brave and walked right up for hugs others were more leery of the giant Elmo others just cried. It was like a little flash back to when mine were little.

No comments:

Google