Thursday, July 2, 2009

Nuts In the Crazy House

Hi all!!!

Man the last week and a half have been totally Nuts.

We had two graduations two days of dance recitals and a family trip to Seseme Place with the Inlaws and the Inlaw's Inlaws. I haven't had much time for anything. I have so much back blog reading I may be doing it all night. Not to mention updating my blogs and finishing up my plans for this blog.

I have now purchased my own URL for the Crazy Green Cheapskate blog. I don't know when the full move will be finished but part of my files are already there. Here is my new URL: crazygreencheapskate.com. I was going to go with something shorter like just green cheapskate but someone bought up all those urls. They aren't using them as far as I can tell they just bought them up. Go figure!

More Cheap Summer Fun!

Time for a classic summer past time.
Go for a picnic in your local park.
Take along your frizbee some balls and a kite. Maybe a couple of good books to read in the shade.
And for desert try this no frost cake. Perfect for picnics because there is no messy frosting to deal with.



No Frost Chocolate Chip Cake

1 C. dates chopped
½ C. nuts cut coarsely
1 tsp baking soda
1 C. + 3 Tbls Hot water
1 C. sugar
1 C. shortening
½ tsp salt
2 C. flour
2 eggs
1 Tbls cocoa
1 Tbls vanilla
1 C. chocolate chips
Sprinkle baking soda onto the dates then pour hot water over them.
Cream shortening, sugar, eggs and beat well.
Add flour, salt, cocoa, vanilla and dates, ½ cup of the chocolate chips.
Place in greased and floured 9x13 pan then sprinkle the nuts and the rest of chocolate chips over the top. Press into batter a little.
Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

No comments:

Google