Monday, August 18, 2008

They Should BE Ashamed

I've been wanting to comment on this particular product for awhile and since we went shopping for one I figure now is the time.

New York has very clean water but It also has OLD pipes. We were told to make sure we use cold water for drinking and cooking and to make sure we let the water run for a bit before using it.

Why you might ask the reason is LEAD. The water sitting in the pipes leaches out lead from the pipes and you end up drinking or eating it. Letting the water run is suppose to clean out the lead tainted water and give you clean water to drink. That is all good in theory and it may actually work but I'm not willing to risk my kids health on it.

So we went shopping for a water filter. We decide we wanted on that attaches to the faucet so when we move we can easily remove it and take it with us. While we were shopping around I rediscovered a product that really makes me angry.

The product is PUR WATER FILTER WITH FLAVOR OPTIONS.

Here is a product designed to give us clean fresh water, designed to take lead and all kinds of harmful stuff out of our water. Then what do they do. They give you the option of dumping all kinds of unhealthy crap back into your nice clean water. I mean check out the ingredients

Water, Propylene Glycol (14%), Citric Acid, Peach Flavor, Sodium Citrate, Malic Acid, Acesulfame K, Sucralose, Benzoic Acid (Preservative), Sorbic Acid (Preservative)

EWWWWWW! Definately not something I want my family having and don't you love they way the advertise directly to our children. Showing the kids with their Lemonade style stand in the kitchen sell chemically altered water to their friends.

Shame on you Procter & Gamble.

No comments:

Google