Friday, August 8, 2008

The Big City: New York...........well Long Island

I was a little worried about being able to find the food I like to buy. I've been to New York before but just to visit the muesums and such. I was pleasantly surprised buy the varity of foods I found at the local grocery store. The prices are much higher though and I think I'm going to be doing alot of comparison shopping. The problem is Organic foods hardly ever have coupons and they rarely go on sale. So I have to start out with trying to find the store that sells them the cheapest in the first place. I'm also going to be searching online for my favorites to see if I can get a better deal.

My husband is trying to figure out how to bicycle to work its only about 10 miles away but it takes him at least a half hour to drive it with all the traffic. I wish they had more bicycle lanes to make it safer. You would not believe the number of people I have seen run the stop signs. It seems if there is no traffic coming they treat it like a yield sign. If that is not bad enough, if you stop be careful when you start to take your turn because if you've stopped like your suppose to don't expect the other guy to wait his turn he is just as likely to just keep going.

I had a car behind me the other day that almost crashed into my rear end. I stopped at a stop sign and appearently the person behind me expected me to just keep going. I'm very glad I will still be able to walk the kids to school. The traffic is going to take alot of getting use to.

No comments:

Google