Thursday, August 28, 2008

Old Blankets

Well as you can probable tell I’m cleaning house. We’ve move into a new home that has much less space then we had before. Well hopefully it will mean lower heating and cooling costs but we have to reduce the amount of stuff we have. I’m kind of a hoarder, its part of my cheap nature, you never know what you can use.

But lets face it the extra three boxes of blankets is probably a little overboard. I mean I still have a Winnie the Pooh comforter from when my daughter was a baby (she’s 11 now). It’s time to make some space and give up some of these blankets to someone who can use them.



There are a few places I can think of to drop them off. The Red Cross help people in need all over the world. Check online for the closest office and give them a call to see if they can use them. Homeless shelters, churches or synagogues are also good choices to donate blankets too. They can be use to help families and individuals in need.


Sometimes its hard to get rid of things that you’ve had for awhile and paid good money for. But knowing your things are going to help people in need makes it a lot easier. You’ll not only feel better helping others but you also gain precious space around your home.

No comments:

Google