Monday, March 4, 2013

First Day Of Juicing

Well my first day is just about over so far it hasn't been too bad.  Though I have had one issue... my stomach is all bloated with gas.  Its a very uncomfortable feeling!
Well that aside I haven't felt staving or anything when I feel hungry I make up a glass of juice.  Right now it's kind of fun watching it get all ground up and juice filling the little pitcher.  I've been trying to make sure I can use the leftover pulp... its so finely ground up I figure I can mix it into other recipes and they won't notice the difference.  That way they will get a good veggie boost .. Heaven knows getting them to try new vegetables is a pain in the butt.  There are so many varieties out there each with their own blend of vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants that it's a shame its such a pain to get them to eat them.  

Early today I mixed up some carrots apples and sweet potatoes .. it wasn't too bad though I think I might need to invest in a veggie scrubber since it tasted a little like dirt.  The left over pulp I mixed with a little butter, cinnamon and maple syrup and stuck it in the crock pot to cook.  Unfortunately when I served dinner I forgot about it so I might mix it up with some flour and eggs and make pancakes tomorrow.  I also used a recipe I found online at  keeplearningkeepsmiling.com

The recipe called for 3 carrots, 1 apple, 3-4 florets of broccoli.  I used about 6 carrots since the ones I have are kind of small.  It was actually pretty tasty.  You couldn't taste the broccoli at all.  

When I ran everything through the juicer I started with the broccoli and then stopped and scooped the leftovers out of the container.  They are tiny little pieces of broccoli and I mixed about a cup into the spaghetti sauce and they didn't even notice.  

Then I juiced the apple and the carrots and now I'm cooking them into cookies from a recipe I got from allrecipes.com.  It was just a carrot cookie recipe but I used the carrot apple mixture instead.  I'll have to wait till tomorrow after school to see if they are a hit or a flop.

1 comment:

Sandee said...

The gas doesn't sound good, but it's only the first day. It usually takes three days of anything to become the norm.

Have a terrific day. ☺

Google