Thursday, March 19, 2009

Good Morning All

At least its morning for me. I got up early today just so I could post the tip of the day before going to work.

My brain has been on Spring planting lately. I've got my seed catalogs and need to start getting ready to plant.

That leads to my tip of the day:

Make your plans before you buy anything. Make a drawing of the way you want your yard to work so it will give you an idea of how it will look. This will help you know exactly what you need and you can decide where to get it by keeping an eye on the sales, yard sales, and don't forget to check thrift stores and the google group Freecycle. This way you can plant your landscape or garden with minimum cost.


Have a great day everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

You have some great advice on saving and planning. Just another idea on savings, trade with your neighbor(s). Every year, most people have gardens that need to be thinned out or changed around or maybe they are just tired of that particular plant/bush/tree and want to get ride of it. The price is right and who knows maybe your neighbor would like something you are getting ride of.
Pete

Unknown said...

Wonderful Idea Pete Thanks for sharing :D

Andrew Trusty said...

Re: Freecycle

Freecycle is a great resource but sometimes it can be hard for new Freecycle members to adjust to all the Freecycle rules and the flood of email from the mailings lists. I've built a new free site that makes it quicker and easier for people to use their existing Freecycle groups at trashnothing.com

I've also created a map-based directory of all the freecycling groups in the world: Freecycling Group Finder It makes it really easy for people to find their local groups.

Google