I'm talking about Germs!
These microscopic lifeforms who have the power to lay us flat with out us knowing we are under attack until it's too late.
I am now in the final stage of such an attack. My nose is still stuffy and I can still feel a weight in my chest that makes me have to take a deep breath because of the feeling of lack of oxygen.
Though it is impossible to totally prevent such an assault all together there are things you can do to help keep them at bay.
With the crazy weather we've been having, switching between warm and cold from day to day I thought it would be a good time to go over the simple steps to help keep everyone a little more health this winter.
- Washing your hands.This is the number one preventative for keeping the germs at bay. It is my personal suggestion you use plain soap not the antibacterial soap. They both work just as well but there have been studies that show antibacterial soap can make the germs that survive stronger and who wants a stronger cold germ.
- Carry Hand Sanitizer . This Alcohol based gel can kill the germs when you can't get to the sink.
- Keeping your hands away from your face. Eyes and Ear and Mouth and Nose .. keeping your hands away from these body parts is essential to keeping colds at bay.
- Using your own stuff. Don't use someone else's phone, keyboard, pen, drinking glass, or any other item where a cold virus can lie in wait. If you must borrow from someone else the take some of that hand sanitizer you're carrying around and put it on a tissue and wipe said object with it before using. Since it is alcohol based it won't damage electronics.... just don't go overboard!
- Eat Right and Exercise. The healthier your body the better it can fight off those tiny invaders and keep you healthy.
- Avoid crowds. Coughs and sneezes can travel pretty far from the body so if you can manage it stay away from crowds during the cold season since not everyone is polite enough to cover up.
- Disinfect. There are common areas touched by everyone such as a door knob. Wiping or spraying these area with disinfectant will help keep everyone healthy.