Inspect Roof, Gutters & DownspoutsIf your afraid of heights then consider one of the many service people to help you out. When I need expert help I always try to higher someone local since it helps the community.
1. If your weather temperature will fall below 32 degrees in the winter, adding extra insulation to the attic will prevent warm air from creeping to your roof and causing ice dams.
2. Check flashing to ensure water cannot enter the home.
3. Replace worn roof shingles or tiles.
4. Clean out the gutters and use a hose to spray water down the downspouts to clear away debris.
5. Consider installing leaf guards on the gutters or extensions on the downspouts to direct water away from the home.