Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pumpkin Ginger Parfaits

Found this most excellent recipe for pumpkin ginger parfaits over at hobbyfarms.com. Its the place I go browse when I'm sick of living right on top of my neighbors here on Long Island. I'm going to swap out the canned pumpkin for pumpkin puree since I have tons of it in the freezer. I can't wait to serve it for Thanksgiving.

Pumpkin Ginger Parfaits




Ingredients
1 15-ounce can pumpkin
1 7-ounce jar marshmallow crème
½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 8-ounce container frozen whipped topping, thawed
¼ cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
40 ginger snap cookies

Preparation
Working in batches, crush ginger snaps in food processor until they form fine crumbs.

Using an electric mixer, beat pumpkin, marshmallow crème and pumpkin pie spice until smooth. Fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping and crystallized ginger.

Place 2 Tablespoons crumbs in bottom of each glass. Top with a generous ¼ cup of pumpkin mixture, using a spoon to press out air bubbles and smooth the top. Repeat layers in each glass. Refrigerate until firm, at least two hours. Garnish with remaining whipped topping. Serves 6

No comments:

Google