Monday, May 10, 2010

Make It Yourself Monday

I hate to admit it but my hubby and I use to love the On -Cor Salisbury Steaks. I also hate to admit that before the kids were born we could polish on a family pack by ourselves. Yeah I know kind of why I'm working on the weight loss bit now.



Now a days I make it myself and I have to tell you it's a whole lot tastier then the stuff in the box. The Recipe I use comes from a set of cook books my hubby got from his mom. It's the Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cookery (copyright 1966)

I don't even know if this set is still in print but you can have the Salisbury Steak recipe cause I'm going to share it with you .

Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Sauce

1 lb beef chuck, ground
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 can chopped mushrooms drained (feel free to use 1 cup fresh)
2 Tbls butter
2 Tbls Flour
1 tsp curry powder
1 Cup Water
1 beef bouillon cube

Mix meat, salt, and pepper and shape into 4 patties. Pan fry in lightly greased skillet until it reaches desired doneness. Remove from the skillet and keep hot. Cook mushrooms in butter for 2 or 3 minutes. Blend in flour and curry powder. Add water and bouillon cube; cook until smooth and thickened. Pour over meat patties and serve.

Makes 4 Servings

This is a simple recipe to make and beats the boxed stuff hands down.

No comments:

Google