Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Last two questions Enjoy!

Ok its finally time to get to the last two questions the first is from Amen (I hope he doesn't mind me borrowing his wolf to make his site link )

amenwolf from Amenwolf asked ...




I always wanted to grow trees, small mini trees. Roughly 1 or 2 feet in height.I was wondering... Which trees or plants does the most photosynthesis?As in, which plant produce the most oxygen? Any difference to their leaves color? Or sizes of their leaves? Or maybe their shape?Thanks
Okay this question has had the most research. number one plant is off the most oxygen apparently is blue-green algae. As for the rest your questions I think I’m going to leave It to the experts to answer. The Arbor Day foundation has a great website with more tree information that I can possibly reprint here on my blog, so I’m going to include a quick link to their website


and hope that you get the answers to all these great questions.


Okay that may be cheating a bit but when you have such a good resource it’s a shame not to use it. They even have a tree store where you can check out the different types of trees and find the ones that it would be just right for your yard.



The Last Question is from:
Marianna from Green Mama's Pad Asked...

I really want to start my own organic vegetable garden this spring. Have you grown any of your own vegetables and do you have any recommendations on how to get started? Or where is the best place to order organic vegetable seeds? Thanks!

Green Mama's Pad

I have had the occasional vegetable garden. The last few years I haven’t been able to have one due to the fact house we are renting we weren’t allowed to change any of the landscape. This year however I am planning to have a container garden I placed the containers between the plants already in place. I can also play some on the patio and in front of the garage.



If this is your first vegetable garden I would suggest some easy plants like tomatoes and peppers beans are also good starter. There is also zucchini and cucumbers both of which tend to be very prolific. You need to watch your yard to see where you get the best sunlight. This is where you want to place your garden, you also want to keep an eye on how the area you have chosen drains. You don’t want to place your garden in a place that has excessive standing water or that drains to quickly.
As for where I am getting my seeds from I have ordered a free catalog from Seeds of Change which offers a large selection of organic seeds and starter plants here is a quick link if you want to go check it out and order a free catalog you gotta love free when you try to save money.






2 comments:

Google