Saturday, February 2, 2008

Lemons Lemons Lemons

After seeing a post on http://www.cafemom.com/ about alternative cleaning products I added a post about Lemons. Lemons are a great cleaning tool (why do you think so many products have lemon in them) Here is my List of uses for lemons when I find some more I'll add them.

  1. Lemons Lemons are acidic and can provide some antibacterial and antiseptic properties for cleaning.Adding lemon juice to vinegar when cleaning can help neutralize the vinegar smell.
  2. Clean copper-bottomed pots and pans with lemon juice. Copper fixtures can also benefit from a lemon juice cleaning. Cut a lemon in half. Dip it in some salt, and clean spots from your copper.
  3. Use a half lemon to clean the lime scale off a sink or faucet. Rub the cut end over the lime spot.
  4. Use lemon to freshen the air by making a mixture of equal parts lemon juice and water and putting it in a spray bottle.
  5. Countertop stains can be removed by allowing lemon juice to sit on the stain for a few minutes. Scrub the area with baking soda and watch the stains disappear. Don't leave it sit for too long.
  6. Lemon rinds can be ground in the garbage disposal to freshen the drain. Hot water with a little lemon poured down a drain will also freshen the drain.(I put lemons slices in my water then when I finish my water I put the lemons down the desposal. )
  7. Lemon juice acts as a natural bleaching agent. Put lemon juice onto white linens and clothing and allow them to dry in the sun. Stains will be bleached away.

No comments:

Google