Monday, May 6, 2013

Feeling a little Melancholy Today



I'm having a blue day today.  It happens to me once in a while.... when my head fills with too much to think about and I have more to get done then I have time for.  What I would really like to do is crawl back under the covers and hide ...but... I can't!

Sometimes it helps to think about good things, or step outside and enjoy a few minutes of sunshine but today is a little cloudy and my brain is too busy thinking of all the stuff I need to do.  So today I'm going to share some of the stuff running around in my head and maybe it will help clear things up for me.  I hope you don't mind a little sharing therapy.  If you do well come back tomorrow and I'll post something more cheerful ... I promise!

Now here is just a few things cluttering my usual cheerful mood:

Have to call the bank today and ask questions about the mortgage we are getting ...man I hate talking on the phone I so prefer face to face.
I can't garden this year these seed catalogs are making me depressed.
I have way too much SHIT to go through.. how the hell did we accumulate so much stuff!
I really need to get rid of some of my kitchen gadgets ..I never use them and they are taking up too much space...but which to pick...humm
How can I convince the kids to give up the stuff they don't play with anymore.   Moving is dramatic enough I don't want them to feel like they are losing their stuff just cause we are moving but they really do need to get rid of stuff.
I have so many great ideas of stuff I would love to do but the ideas far exceed my income.  Do I share my ideas and hope that someone will be able to use them or would that just make me feel bad because that's what I wanted to do?

Wow I feel better already!  I think I"m ready to call the bank!  Thanks for listening oh and if you have any suggestions for the things on that list feel free to leave a comment.  Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

Da Dude said...

My wife and I like "kitchen gadgets" also. However they tend to pile up and get shoved into back corners. Every so often or when we move we separate the things into 3 piles. One is the things we use all the time. The second pile is the things that we've used in the past year. EX: Roasters, punch bowls, fancy silverware, etc. The third pile is the things that we haven't used in the past year or at all.

We either donate the third pile to the local Church run thrift store or throw them out. Sometimes we give the unused stuff to relatives, if they need it.

Of course the above method can be used to help declutter a house. We did a cross country move last year and had to get rid of a lot of priceless memories (read that as junk)

Have a great week!

Steve

Unknown said...

Great Suggestion Steve Thanks :D

Google