Monday, August 15, 2011

Tip of the Day

So I've been trying to improve my couponing skills I am blown away by the show extreme couponing. Of course the bad thing about the show is that now that they have gotten their 15 minutes of fame retailers will be changing the way they do things so they stop losing money and others will have a hard time following in their foot steps.

Now I'm not saying I want to be an Extreme couponer since it looks an awful lot like hoarding and I simple don't have the kind of storage space needed for that kind of stuff. I won't take up all the family space for toilet paper ... can't see it happening!

What I would like is to increase my savings using coupons on stuff I can use everyday. That being said my tip of the day is for all you beginning couponers. A great site for all new (or those looking of more savings) couponers is Couponmom.com.

She takes several of the major supermarkets and posts the sales along with any matching coupons that you might have gotten from your newspaper or online coupon sites. You can get lots of tips and can even print out the deals you want to take advantage of.

Now the reason I said it was for beginners is that it doesn't include every supermarket so once you get the hang of it your going to want to start checking out the ads of the other supermarkets near you to see if you can get a better deal. It also doesn't include all coupon sources for example. After checking the sales I googled Newmans Own (one of my favorite companies) and found they have coupons available on their site as well. This kind of coupon is not included on coupon mom and you will have to look for these other sources of coupons for yourself.

No comments:

Google