Saturday, February 5, 2011

Baking Soda To Melt Snow?

I was checking out First Magazine at the library. It has a tip from readers section where one reader sent in that baking soda was good for melting ice. I thought this would be great if it works because I could use it on the back steps and not have to worry about irritation to Crickets paws. Yesterday I gave it a try. Unfortunately It didn't work. What I got was baking soda paw prints all over my kitchen floor. So I will be sticking to coating the ice with sand for traction and save the baking soda for my muffins.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't you meant to use salt?! lol

Unknown said...

Salt is great for melting snow but it is very harsh on doggy paws so we don't use it on the back steps where Cricket comes and goes to do his doggy business :D

Google