Thursday, April 24, 2008

We are Moving

Yes That's right we are moving to New York City...... well Long Island to be exact. and I've been debating on whether or not to go from blogging to a full fledged website. You see we move every 2 - 3 years which gives me the opportunity to try being as green as I can in several locations. For example we spent 3 years in Tucson Arizona and it is very important to use Xeriscaping. Which is basically using the plants that grow naturally in the environment you are living in so that you don't require extra irrigation or fertilizer. Unfortunately in Tucson and Phenoix Arizona there are way too many people who are sucking up all the water for fountains, grass and other unnecessary plants and instead of working on ways to conserve water they just keep building and building.

Ummm Anyway sorry about that got a little off subject there LOL.

Right now I'm living in Arkansas and it has its own issuses to deal with for example its hot and humid in the Summer so what is the most ecconomic way to cool our home or in the icy winter heat it? Now we rented our home this time so I couldn't do as much to change the home we are living in but there were things I could do like heavy curtains on the windows to keep warmth in in the winter and cool air in the summer. I also open up the house in the early morning to let cooler air into the house not to mention fresh air. In the winter I would open up the curtains on the southern side of the house to let the sun's warmth in.

Now I'm moving to a big city which is a first for me. It's also very expensive so while I'm hoping to be able to buy a home I think we will have to rent once again. If we do buy a house I think I will start a website about the changes and improvements we make to the home to make it GREEN. If we rent I will continue blogging with the things I do every day.

I would love to here what you think so please leave a comment.

No comments:

Google