Monday, September 6, 2010

Don't Give Up On Me

I can't believe the summer is over already and I haven't posted my garden going ons once.  Yes I actually did some container gardening this year but I've been working so many extra hours that my poor blogs have been suffering. 

Well I did have some pretty good luck this year my zucchini did wonderfully.  I had five bushes and got 20 zucchinis from them.  most of my tomato plants did well.  My cherry tomatoes still aren't doing as well as I would like.  And I tried the topsy turvey this year and wasn't impressed.  It is very flimsy and the top piece of plastic broke while I was putting it together.  The hanging ring was too small and I had to get a larger one.  When filled it is too heavy for my shepards hook which I ended up bracing with the container that had the zucchini.  I also had to water about three times more often then my other containers.  I got about t tomatoes off the plant.  For the 10 bucks I paid for it I could have gone to thew farmers market and bought a bushel of tomatoes.

No comments:

Google