Monday, March 3, 2008

Dryer Balls


I tried these dryer balls last week and I'm very pleased with the results. Usually I hang up my laundry to dry but sometimes when it backs up and I have a lot to do I use my dryer. The problem I have with using my dryer is the amount of static electricity I get. I don't like using dryer sheets because the heavy perfum smell makes me want to gag.


Well a friend of mine pointed this out the last time we went shopping. We go together and hit the clearence racks for our kids. It saves gas! Any way my friend L said she uses these dryer balls instead of dryer sheets and they are cheaper in the long run because they are good for two or more years. So I grabbed a package of them to give them a shot.


Well I've used them in about 8 loads of laundry and they do just what they say they do. They make the laundry softer and fluffier, it takes about 10 to 15 minutes off the drying time and there is no static. For about $10 (depending on where you get them) you have two years worth of fabric softening compare that with about $5 for 80 loads using a dryer sheets (thats about two to four months of laundry depending on the size of your family) and you can see they are a much better deal for you and the environment.

No comments:

Google